Monday, November 28, 2011

MCI drill


So today was our Mass Casualty Incident(MCI) "drill".  The scenario was a fire in an aircraft before it landed. There were several injured including an injured pregnant woman and a couple dead. It was pretty wild!  My job if we have a real MCI is dispatch communications, I have to sit with the firehouse dispatch and relay information about incoming casualties to the lead physician. They have the firehouse setup as like a casualty triage type area so there were lots of people walking around with stretchers and doc's and nurses pretending to treat people. The crazy part is that we had a "real world" emergency during the drill. One of the inbound LC-130's radioed in saying they were having trouble with their landing gear. So I think everyone was waiting for the drill to be aborted and replaced by the real thing. Luckily the plane landed safely so it was all just for pretend today.  Sorry no pics from the drill, I figured I should keep my ear glued to the radio rather than taking pics. There was some guy taking pics though so maybe I can find those and send em. 

The pics are pretty much just random stuff. I just thought I'd post em now.

I also got my E-Vehicle training today so I can check out one of the electric cars if I need to.

Ridin dirty...




 Thumbs up to the tiny little car...
 I also found another crazy recycle bin, for all your dreams this time...

I also found this note up on a lost and found board. I hope you can read it, it made me pee a tiny bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment