Thursday, November 17, 2011

winter

So it looks like I'll be staying through next winter afterall. Someone else was going to do it but he backed out. So the boss stopped me in the hall this morning and asked if I was still interested.  I still have to PQ(Physically Qualify) again, and for winter overs you have to pass a pysch eval as part of the PQ process. So I guess they're sending down a head shrinker for that.  So if everything goes well I won't be home until sometime next October.  Someone told me they do give you a week off the ice for an R&R type thing before winter sets in though so I'll get a bit of a break. They don't send you all the way home but it would be at least back to New Zealand. Someone said it might be possible to hit up Australia though so that would be cool to check out a new place.  Of course all this R&R, and Australia stuff are just what "someone said", so who knows if that's true or not. I guess I'll find out when the time comes.

4 comments:

  1. Im happy for you!! Winter will be quite an experience there!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. Winter will really be the Antarctic experience.:) I'm gonna freeze my berries off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you think it's cold now? Good luck with that one buck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. buck? I'm a dear now? Are you drunk or something? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete