Sunday, November 20, 2011

fire

So there was a fire in my dorm last night. I live in the dorm that is in the same building as the galley, the big laundry, and some other stuff. I went to go pee about 10 o clock and heard what sounded like an alarm in the distance so I followed it. It was going off downstairs in the galley. There were some people gathered around and someone came up and shut the fire doors. I still had to pee bad so I went while I was downstairs and when I came out I saw a couple firefighters pull the general fire alarm to evacuate the building, so I figured it was time to get out. So I ran upstairs put on my shoes, grabbed my coat and headed out.  It smelled like paper burning so I knew something was up.  Everyone went either to other dorm lounges, or the gym. I was in the gym with a bunch of other people. It turns out it was a fire in one of the big industrial dryers in the laundry. So the fire dept put it out and cleared the rest of the building and let us back in an hour and a half later.  I was totally late for bed so I'm tired today but I didn't burn to death in my sleep so I guess that's the trade off. 

Everything is A-otay captain.

A bunch of people in their jammies and jackets leaving the building...
 
 Waiting outside...
 Waiting inside the gym, boringgg....

These pics aren't fire releated, I had taken them before.

I thought this was pretty funny, someone has a pop-up book of phobias. Nothing cures a phobia like having it pop out of a book at ya. Hahaha...
 Snakes...
 Public Speaking...
 Clowns...
 The dentist... <--- I made sure to get this one for you Court...
These are Yaktrax, they help keep you vertical on the ice...

Fashionable, yes...

1 comment:

  1. I like the shoe jammers.. maybe I will need them when we live in CO! That book of phobias reminds me of another book I have seen about hypochondriacs which is titled something like: You may be dying if... Its fun to read.
    :)

    ReplyDelete