Monday, October 31, 2011

MCI

Hey there. Just a couple pics and a video today.  I already showed you my walk to lunch so I thought I'd show you the walk back today, but it crazy weather. It's pretty pretty gnarly weather the last 2 days. The snow is blowing into your face at almost 30mph and it's still -40 so it's quite the experience walking around in it. So I thought I'd take you along for the ride, well walk in this case.

I also volunteered to be part of the Mass Casualty Incident(MCI) Response Team.  The medical team here is pretty small so it wouldn't take too much to overwhelm them. So they setup an MCI team and train us for various tasks, and with any luck we'll never have to be deployed.  So I'm going to be a comms person. They'll need someone with the docs, on scene, at the firehouse, with the stretcher bearer teams, and various other places with radios keeping the communications going. So that's what I'll be doing. We had a get together today so they could just kind of tell us how it all works. Then my radio training is on Friday.  After everyone is trained up we're going to have an MCI drill with a bunch of folks pretending to be hurt. So we'll get to try it all out and see how bad we mess it up before a real event occurs hopefully.  It should be interesting so I'll let you know how that all goes.

This is just inside the door at work. There is a small crack under the door but I wouldn't have imagined that much snow could have worked its way inside overnight...


 "Ivan" looking all cold and depressed...





Like I said I showed you this walk before but who doesn't want to see me cuss out the weather, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tReh2jGbRkA&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment