Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Orientation day 1

So, day 1 of orientation is over. It turns out there are about 60 people going down with me.  Met some pretty cool, laid back people so far. Did some information security training, benefits, finance, and a final "what to expect" type presentation for our travel tomorrow. Also got issued my "travel funds"...$215 baby, lets partyyyy! I've never worked anywhere, where they handed me a fistful of cash 5 minutes after walking in the front door. I like this already!

I also learned that there was apparently another earthquake in NZ on Sunday. Yippee, can you say aftershocks baby?! I guess we shall see what happens but if I die in an earthquake after flying for almost 18 hours I'm really gonna be mad. At least kill me off in an earthquake before being stuck on a plane for so long!

They've got a shuttle taking us to the airport a little after noon. Should be at the airport about 1:00 and the flight leaves at 7:45.  In case you're new to mathematics, that would be six fuck hours and 45 fuck minutes to wait fuck for my flight...fuck!  THENNNNN, once we get to LAX it's another 2.5 hr layover before finally getting to leave for NZ.  So that's like 11.5 hours of flying and waiting followed by a 13.5 hr flight, then another 3 hr layover in Auckland, NZ before another 1.5hr flight to Christchurch, NZ, then I'll finally FINALLY get to see the inside of a hotel room.  Dude, what the hell am I thinking!  I just want the next 36 hours to be over already. Oh well I guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal.

I'm not sure if the hotel in NZ has internet access or not. So I'm not sure exactly when I'll be posting again. It might be a couple days.

Oh and here is a pic of some of the folks waiting outside for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel this afternoon. I know I'm not in it but I thought I should at least post 1 pic since I haven't posted any pics since I left home.



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your next post!! Any and all pictures are appreciated!! Safe travels and get some books at the airport, 3 should cover it.

    ReplyDelete