Monday, October 24, 2011

Shit and Fire

Todays weather report. It was 0 degrees this morning, but currently it's 3 degrees without any wind chill. It was sunny all day and this sounds stupid coming from an AZ boy but it was pretty nice out today.

 So I went to setup a couple PC's today over in one building. I found a treat that you'll see below but that treat reminded me that I don't think I've told you about the "pee bottle".  They're way over the top here when it comes to environmental stuff. EVERYTHING that comes here goes back. The only thing that doesn't get shipped off continent is waste water. There is a water treatment plant though so even that is treated back to a level that it could be consumed before it's pumped out into the ocean. The solids get packaged and shipped back with all the other waste and garbage to the good ol' U. S. of A.  Well anyway, when you're out on a hike or something like that you have to take a "pee bottle" with you so you can bring it back and dispose of it properly, NO PEEING OUTSIDE.  Same thing goes with the #2 if you're on an extended stay away. So they have 5 gallon buckets that it can be stored in from base camps and stuff and it's brought back.  Well one of those buckets was in my way today when setting up that computer as you can see in the pic. Damn poo bucket!

We also had a bit of excitement today. There was a fire in the boiler room in one of the dorms.  The fire department rolled out and kicked its ass though. I haven't seen the damage but I heard they were trying to move the folks that lived there to other dorms. Luckily I don't think there were too many people living in that dorm. More crazy life in Antarctica I guess.

Poo Bucket!
The fire folks doing the deed.  This was probably 3 or 4 hours after it happened and they still had a truck out there doing their thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment