Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Whats up bitches

What's crackin my peeps? I had to go out to the ice runway today to setup several PC's. When you're walking on the snow it's so hard to imagine that there is several thousand feet of water just a few feet below you.  I did see a couple patches where the snow had blown away and you could tell it really was ice. Other than the crazy cold and having to bundle up every time you go outside a building it's like any other job I guess.

Only a few pics today.

We have 4 people living in our room with a set of bunk beds. Since none of us are 8 years old anymore noone wanted to sleep on the top bunk. So we tore the room apart to make room so we could break down the bunk beds. While we were doing that someone got the idea to look above the ceiling tiles.  We found all kinds of shit up there. I just thought it was pretty funny to see a fan chilling in the ceiling so I had to take a pic of it. It isn't nearly as funny now that I'm posting the pic as it was when I took it, but tough nuggets jack...

  This is a sign in the bathroom that I thought was rather amusing...

These are a few pics from out on the ice runway. When they build the runway they bring all this support equipment out there for air operations.  They even erect temporary power poles to get juice to all the buildings.  Seems like a lot of work to me for a runway that'll melt in a couple months, but apparently it's worth it. So everything you see in the pics below is sitting on the ice.

 I'm not sure who the sexy man in this picture is but I bet the ladies loveeeee him!

4 comments:

  1. I love the posts. I hope you blg this often the entire time you are there!!! Do you have to share a room the whole time??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates and pics Rickie! It looks like you are having a great time! I put your "thumbs up on the ice/sexy MuthaF-er" as my desktop background. It makes me laugh. Hugs from AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll do my best to post stuff when I can Court, we'll see how well I do. :) I'm sure I'll have to share a room the whole time. I think only really higher up people get their own room in the summer. In the winter the population drops from 1,100 to about 250 so everyone gets their own room then though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you "unknown"...but...who are you? :)

    ReplyDelete