Saturday, December 31, 2011

Randomly shit

I found some various pics on my camera I forgot taking so I thought I'd post em.  I haven't gone out to the festivities yet, I'm going to get a little drunk first. :)  So I thought while I'm getting myself silly I'd go ahead and post some stuff for everyone.

We haven't had much to do lately so a co-worker and I went to help clean out some Connex boxes for 3 or 4 days. If you didn't know, Connex boxes are those big shipping containers you see on those massive ships that bring everything that's in a Walmart.:)  They use a bunch of them as storage all over the place here. Some of the stuff we were throwing away was unopened stuff that's been stuffed away in there since the mid 90's. Seems like a waste but we done use the stuff anymore and it's been sight unseen for a decade and a half, might as well toss it.

Joni and I were dismantling a shit ton of those shelves. Alex in the background pulling out a huge roll of fiber optic cable...


More shit...
 A bunch of used antennaes and shit getting tossed...
 I had to get myself in the mix...
So there have been several little notices up about classes in the chapel. A couple of them were like "how not to date a jerk" or something like that. This one is a class on how to have incredible sex, being delivered...at...the...chapel. Mind blowing married sex? Now, I've only been close to marriage once but isn't that like an oxymoron...
Went back out to Hut Point twice this week. Panoramic shot. There are a bunch of seals laying near the crack a little ways out. It's pretty impossible to see but way out near the crack are a half dozen or so penguins too...

 Notice the foot prints?  Some dumb shit thought it would be a good idea to walk out on the rapidly deteriorating ice.  The ice cold water would be bad enough to fall into but those pieces of ice weigh tons and tons. If the sea kicked up a tiny bit you'd get squished like a grape. Jackass...
 Sitting at Hut Point. It's probably 25 or 30 feet above the ice...
 The ice looks really cool as it melts. It makes some really interesting shapes and just looks really neat...

Preparing for IceStock the other day.  They had a lineman come out to hookup power to this building.  I didn't realize it was such a big deal...
 The stage...
 None of this stuff is normally there, except the big blue building of course. P.S. notice the double doors up high?  You wouldn't want someone to be chasing you through the building and pick the wrong door to escape through...
 Stuff or something...
 Alicia thinning out her own hair. She isn't the official hair cutter person here but she went to some ridiculously good hair cutting school so she does a really really good job. She's cut my hair several times already, she's the one that gave me the mohawk...
 $100 worth of New Years cheer:) Today is the first time I've had anything to drink in a little over 3 months. Lets party!!!

Is it just me or is this fog moving really quickly?
Nate was standing precariously close to the edge. That would have made a good Youtube video, huh?  Ok that isn't funny, but I'm the inappropriate guy:)
I don't know what they were taking where but I felt like recording em, so you have to watch it now.
Alicia cutting her own hair.


Ok, I spent the last hour, yes HOUR, trying to get these videos to upload through blogspot but it wouldn't work. I wised up and 5 minutes later they were uploaded through Youtube. Fuck!

P.S.  I'm not sure if those of you who are "subscribers" get an email when I post something or not, I would think probably so.  If so I'm sorry if you get multiple emails when I post something, then realized I fucked up and edit it then repost it again. Someone let me know if that happens or not, very curious.



No comments:

Post a Comment