Friday, December 30, 2011

Radio License

Hey everyone.  Only 12 hours until the new year.  Another 2 day weekend so I'm pretty good, or as Tony The Tiger would say, gggggreatt!


I found a few pictures from other websites I thought were funny so I thought I'd post them since I don't really have anything to post at the moment.  I'll take some pics and videos at IceStock tonight. The festivities start at 6, there are 12 bands playing throughout the night, many many many drunk people will be tripping all over each other and probably having lots of crazy sex in all sorts of random places. Hahaha

On another topic. Several years ago I got into the idea of Amateur(Ham) Radio. I got the books to study for the license exam and even bought a radio that I couldn't legally transmit on, so I just had to listen.  The material wasn't that hard but the test was always across town, early on a Saturday morning. So I always opted for the extra sleep and never got the license. :) 

Well they have a whole amateur radio setup here but I never thought you could take the test here, I was wrong! Woohooo. Apparently normally you need like 3 examiners present but the FCC made an exception for us. So we had 1 examiner and there were several other examiners on the other end of a Skype call, I guess to keep an eye on us so no one cheated. Haha

I passed the "technician" exam, so I'm all officially licensed now.  I checked the FCC's website and I'm already in their registry. Now that's some fast moving for a government operation!  My fancy little call sign is KF7TJH in case you wanted to get that tattooed on you.  If you're going to I'd appreciate you getting my face right under it, well, or over it. I'll leave the face placement up to you.

Hmmmm, I can't think of anything else to say at the moment so I guess I'll post this bitch.

Hahahahahahahahaha
 Choke that little fucker!
Being out of meet can certainly put a damper on your meet selling business. Hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment