Friday, December 2, 2011

Razorback Field Camp

I got the opportunity to take a little trip again today. Not only are they shutting down the runway but there are a slew of small field camps and fishing huts that need to come back to land before the ice melts. So I went out to help pull all the comms gear out of one of the field camps.  It took us about an hour to get there in a piston bully so it must have been about 10 miles away. It's certainly further away from "town" than I've ever been before.  The battery on my camera was on it's way out so I couldn't take many pics.

Big Razorback Field Camp...



 Outside of the galley...
This room had most of the comm gear, and it smelled exactly like a hamster cage...
 Inside the galley...
 Poopy potties...
 The "urinal"...
 This is the view of Mt. Erebus you get while you're standing at the urinal. One of the better views I've ever had while takin a whiz...
 The big one on the left is Mt. Erebus, the smaller one off to the right that's harder to see is Mt. Terror...
 Blood from a seal birth...
 McMurdo Sound, all frozed up...

No comments:

Post a Comment