Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas dinner and contractor

Hey everyone.

Sorry its been a while since I posted. There hasn't really been too much going on here, and I'm not always sure that anyone really reads this thing anyway so I just haven't posted. However, I've had complaints from a couple people recently that I haven't updated in a while, so I guess someone is reading this thing afterall.  So I'll try to post updates more often.

On that note. I thought I should give a big, fat, gooey, sloppy, slippery shout out to Jesse and his co-workers.  Apparently they enjoy reading this monstrosity and I have neglected their loyalty by not posting. So here I am posting the shit out of this post.

P.S. Jesse, are any of these co-workers ladies? :)

P.P.S Jesse rocks the casbah for sending me a assload of TV shows to amuse me throughout the winter, which I will likely watch well before winter sets in!

I'm not sure if I mentioned the whole contractor thing before.  The National Science Foundation runs the show down here. They can't do everything themselves so every 10 years they put out a new contract and companies bid to be able to provide the support down here.  Raytheon has been the contractor for the last 10 years and that's who I'm employed by now. Well their contract is up on March 31st. They've been putting off announcing who the new contractor is going to be for like a year. They finally just announced yesterday that the new company is Lockheed Martin. So that'll be who I'll be working for through the winter. Maybe they'll come in and give everyone raises. :)  Well I can dream.

Anyway, where was I? Seriously, I can't remember where I was. Hmmmmmmmm. Oh I can tell you about the polar bear attack we had here the other day. 2 people were seriously injured. Both of them had to be medi-vaced back to New Zealand. One of them apparently died 3 times on the plane back but they kept reviving him and he's holding on for now. The other person is this really petite girl that I work with. She's so tiny that he had her in his jaws tossing her around like a rag doll. He had actually biten her arm nearly clean off by the time they killed the bear. It was apparently just barely hanging on.  He also cracked her skull so she's had some severe brain swelling and if she even lives she might end up mentally handicapped from the brain damage.  They don't like to waste anything around here so they brought the carcass back here. They skinned him and one of the items on the Christmas dinner menu was polar bear, pretty cool huh? Who is laughing now you little fucker!? They skinned him so after the hide has been cleaned they're going to send it back to the families of the 2 that were attacked. Actually we don't have polar bears here.

Last night was our Christmas party. I went for a while and it was fun. There is a picture of me sitting on Santas lap somewhere so I'll post that with the other party pics when I get them.

Today was our fancy Christmas dinner and it was delicious. On the menu was...

Prime Rib
Beef Wellington
Lobster
Duck
Stuffed Pork Loin
and of course all the sides you'd expect and probably a few you wouldn't.

I'm not a fan of seafood so I had some prime rib, duck, pork loin, and some delicious mashed tatters.  A couple of the kitchen staff were singing Christmas songs but I got there a little late so I was getting my food to the table and they were done by the time I got there so I couldn't take any video of them, but they sounded great. I did take a short video of the Christmas fireplace though.

Today is my first day off of my glorious 2 day Christmas holiday. I am seriously sportin half a chubby with the thought of just doing, well, whatever the fuck I want all day long. Booya, suck on that one!


Christmas galley...

 There was a gingerbread house building contest. Looks to me like this collapsed or something...
 This is hut point gingerbread house. You may remember hut point from my hut point post when I first got here. Hut point, hut point, hut point...the words have lost all meaning...
 In case you can’t read words in english then this is Ivan of Ivan the Terra Bus fame. Of course if you can't read english then this could be a recipe for a turd souffle and you'd never know.  In case you don't remember from one of my first posts,  Ivan is the largest land vehicle on the continent. It comes to greet you when you first fly into this place...
 This is Ivan in real life, I wish this pic had a pickup truck or something in it too so you could tell the size...
 This is a Delta...
 Real life Delta...
 Galley Christmas Tree...
 This is my "after" picture of my dinner plate. I don't really have a before picture because I was hungry and I was thinking more about shoving it all into my cake hole than taking pictures. I'm such a selfish prick...
 Someones very festive door...
 Festivus pole for all the Godless atheist heathens, hahaha  j/k ...
 This is the Tiki Lounges contribution to the season...
These are non Christmas related pics, but this is my blog so I can do what I want. I run this bitch with an iron fist!

Look at how clean this floor is...
One of my fellow Tiki Loungers, Tessa, made her own art gallery under her bed. The debut was a few days ago...
Nate & Tessa chillin in the gallery. As you can see if you move the bed rails up to the top notch you've got about 3 feet of space under the bed. So she turned it into an art gallery for very small art. It was really cool. I wish I had gotten more pics before she tore it down. She said she's going to do another one in Feb so I'll get pics then. Notice the crackers and cheese, and she had wine. This was a serious gallery opening here folks...
McMurdo Christmas Fireplace...

4 comments:

  1. First off. F you about the polar bear story!
    Second. I read this blog evey single time you post.
    Lastly. Maybe if you posted your address other people besides Jesse would send you stuff.... Like maybe some mild sauce from Taco Bell or something.
    Just saying.
    Merry Christmas you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting your adventures Rickie - I always look forward to checking in on you every few days! Keep 'em coming bro - we love to see what's going on in winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I talked to you lastnight... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Court
    First. I'm glad you liked my story.
    Second. I know people do read it, maybe it's because the feedback isn't the same as something you'd post on FB or something. It just seems like I'm more detached from peeps when I write it. Maybe I shouldn't whine like a little bitch so much. :)
    Lastly. Fine.
    P.S. I wonder if Mary Bean still has any of that taco sauce? Hahaha

    Melissa
    Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too. <---Don't open that until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete