Thursday, March 8, 2012

wet

So I was sitting in my room this morning with my headphones on, totally oblivious to the world. Between songs I heard something and realized it was the fire alarm going off.  So I grab my stuff and evacuated. There was no fire though. They aren't 100% sure what happened because the person took off. They think someone was carrying something on their head and whacked one of the fire sprinklers good. It must have been like a river because quite a bit got flooded and the fire department was already here by the time I got outside and they would have found it and shut the water off pretty quick.  There are like a half dozen rooms affected upstairs and a couple downstairs and the lounge. Luckily it was a hallway over from my room so none of my stuff got wet.

On the bright side the sprinkler system is disabled until they can fix it. According to the email they sent out they aren't going to be back online for 4 days.  It didn't seem like a big deal until they said that since the water suppression system is down we should be extra careful to evacuate immediately if there is a fire alarm. Yikes!  Lets hope everyone is careful with their road flares and flame throwers while I'm sleeping, pretty please!


Oopsie...

Can't really see any water but the carpets are wet...
 Again you can't really tell but the carpet is still pretty wet. Someone said there was a good amount of standing water in here earlier today...

 Wish me luck on not bursting into flames before they fix the sprinklers.  Well, or after they fix em actually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment