Saturday, March 3, 2012

Darkness


So I ordered a bunch of stuff from GNC for my winter weight loss extravaganza.  I tucked it away until I got my winter room. Now I'm in my room, so I started breaking things out.  I happen to notice that everything was shipped from a GNC warehouse in Phoenix, and as you can see the box was manufactured in Tolleson. Normally that wouldn't exactly be a big deal, but when you're 8,000 miles from home, hanging off the bottom of the world it's really cool to see something from your home town. :)  YAY!

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but the one "official" sunset for the year happened about 2 weeks ago.  So each day after will become darker and darker by 30 minutes each day until the sun is just gone for the season. I just went downstairs to make some soup and realized it was pretty dark outside, so I thought I'd take a pic for ya.  I'm normally in bed by this time of night so I havent seen this until just now. Its weird to see lights on, on buildings after having experienced nothing but 24/7 light here since the moment I stepped foot on this continent!  I saw darkness a few weeks ago when I was back in New Zealand, but before that the last time I saw nighttime was back in October when I was still in the US. This is going to get seriously interesting soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment