Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Antarctica Movie


Hey guys.

I told you a while back about going out to one of the field camps to pull out some comms gear. The guy I went with was taking a lot of pics and stuff. Well I found out the other night that he's been making a movie while he's been down here for the last 10 years!  He previewed it for us the other night and it is amazing. I would love to show it all of you but it's not "ready" yet. It's apparently not a little thing either. There is a whole musical score being written for it. He also said that Peter Jackson(lord of the rings guy) is somehow involved, but I don't remember how. So apparently it's going to a be a big deal when it's done. It really shows a lot of the beauty of the place and what it's like to live here and things like that. So I can't wait for you all to see it.

It's called "Antarctica: A year on ice"

This is a trailer of the movie from 2006. It's gotten so much better since this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TemK6CF6lF0&feature=plcp&context=C334777bUDOEgsToPDskIN4AZS-A0pVXp-Ic6pVBwj


No comments:

Post a Comment