Sunday, May 13, 2012

tomato heaven

I just ate a tomato!  We have a greenhouse and it put out!  We get the occasional cucumber and greens now and then, and my first tomato tonight!  It was funny, they had a guy down in the galley with a list of everyone and when you took your tomato he marked your name off the list. :)

Look at my sweetheart, she's waiting for our moment together...

 First we begin by removing her top...
 Then slicing her carefully into 8 approximately equal pieces...
 Then a light dusting of Morton's finest on one half, au naturale on the other half...
 Time to feast...
 It's amazing how quickly one small tomato goes...
I'll miss you...


1 comment:

  1. Wow Rickie! I almost felt like I was going to be intruding on your private moment with your precious tomato.. I only hope she enjoyed being devoured as much as you enjoyed eating her up! Yikes, this is getting weird! haha I hope you get to dine on more 'maters soon - one cherry tomato is just not enough. Wish I could send you some from home! TTFN :)

    ReplyDelete