Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Post

Well I've never tried the blog thing before. I figured since I'm doing this whole Antarctica thing this would be a good time to give it a shot.


Soooo....  If you're reading this then you must already know that I was offered a job In Antarctica.  I'll be working for Raytheon Polar Services doing work for the National Science Foundation.  I'll be living and working at McMurdo Station doing the same computer nerdy stuff I do now.

As of right now I'm still waiting for my medical clearance before I can go. There are limited medical facilities on the ice, so they have to make sure there isn't anything seriously wrong with you that could flare up while you're there. My physical went without a hitch. I did the blood & drug tests yesterday so I'm still waiting on those results.  The dentist was the biggest part so far. I had to have a gnarly deep root scaling thing done, have several cavities filled, and all my stupid wisdom teeth pulled. So I've got my fingers crossed they don't find something crazy in my blood work that I don't know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment