Saturday, June 23, 2012

More Random Stuff

I had a bunch of various pics so I thought I'd posted them up. 

I was craving some cheestos a month or so ago. The crunchy ones are by far the best but all the store has is the puffy kind so I had to get that.  They didn't exactly hit the spot, maybe because they were made 2.5 years ago. Almost everything is out of date in the store. I only ate about a dozen of them and dumped the rest...
 My Antarctic flower from the greenhouse.  A real live plant!

 I went for a walk the other day and it was really nice out.  The 24/7 dark has become normal now just like the 24/7 light in the summer, but it's still weird sometimes to stop and think about it.  I think this was about 1 or 2 in the afternoon...
 We had our MCI drill for the winter today.  In the summer I did comms, but it was kind of boring, so for the winter my position is a stretcher bearer.  When an MCI is declared we take all the stretchers and medical equipment from the storage locker over to the firehouse. Then we set up all the treatment areas, then wait. When the fire department brings in the patients we help get them to the appropriate treatment area. Then when they've been seen and treated by the medical staff we move them over to medical for x-rays or for further treatment. Hopefully we won't have to do this for real...

 We've had some tomatoes a couple times now.  I got a trifecta this time! Wooohoooo...
 This is the single most important piece of equipment on the continent. Frosty Boy for life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment