Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tessa's Pics/R&R

Hey folks, I haven't posted in a few days so I thought I'd say hi.  Well I'm finally officially going on R&R this Monday thru Thursday, which is Sunday thru Wednesday for everyone at home. So I should have a ton of pics for you guys when I get back from that. Maybe I'll take my laptop and try to post some stuff from there.

I'm hoping that I'll get delayed coming back.  I'm leaving here on a C-17 but I'll be coming back here on a 757. According to my boss those flights seem to get cancelled more often than the others. He wasn't sure why, but we were betting it's because they can't land in the kinds of conditions that a C-17 can.  So why would I want to get delayed?  Well, I'm not getting paid once I leave the ice for R&R and they'll only pay for the last night in the hotel. If the flight gets delayed it isn't my fault, so I'd start getting paid again on Thursday, and they'd be paying for my room, AND I also get travel funds for each day. The next passenger flight isn't until the following Monday. So I'd basically be getting paid and have everything paid for to bum around in New Zealand for 4 days. Sounds like a plan to me! :)  It probably won't happen but I can always hold out hope. Keep your fingers crossed for me. 

I told you about the girl who rode her bike from Cali to Maine earlier in the year. Well here are a bunch of her art she posted on our internal place to post pics. She said it was cool to post em online, she just wanted her site referenced. So here is her site... www.tessahulls.com

















No comments:

Post a Comment